Another one bites the dust
Am now one year older and wiser, and back home after a great day and even greater dinner (with cake), attempting to reflect on the year that was and on hopes for the year that is to come.
First, here’s what I’d predicted one year ago that I’d be doing during Year 36. Let’s see how I fared:
- Writing: Sorry, this was a very bad year for writing.
- Gaming: Did pretty well on that count. I also got a game as a present yesterday, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so looking forward to more gaming this year.
- Retail therapy: Overall, Year 36 was an expensive one since I went to Europe on holiday. But apart from buying loads of books, I don’t think I’ve been extravagant.
- Eating out: Fortunately, this was a year of eating quite healthy. I did well here.
- Skipping exercise: Have been semi-regular with yoga, which is much better than the prediction.
Next, here are my five resolutions for Year 37:
- Write a short story every month.
- Write a blog post every fortnight.
- Do more book reviews.
- Take more photos.
- Start learning a language.
(Image courtesy Ivan Prole)