Evidently, with passing age one’s interest in birthdays and getting presents is supposed to wane. However, having had thirty of them has done absolutely to quench my thirst—*cough* greed *cough*…
Anyhow, I was extremely pleased with my haul this time around. Perhaps it was the “thirty” thing that made people generous! The guilt was too much for my parents, who produced me three decades ago, and it encashed itself in the form of an iPod Nano! At first I thought nothing else could possibly top that, but I was wrong… I got lots of stuff, and I wouldn’t excange anything for anything else!
So, here’s a list, as comprehensive as my aging memory can manage:
- Parents: iPod Nano.
- Significant Other: 10 Reginald Hill books (to complete my Dalziel and Pascoe collection); Steve Waugh’s autobiography; Black&White Deluxe; Medal of Honour… and I’m sure I’m missing something.
- Sister: Faber Castell fountain pen; light blue sweater (both from Frankfurt)
- Significant Other’s Mother a.k.a. mother-in-law: Money! Decency forbids me from saying how much, but it was A LOT! With it I bought two CDs (Bollywood oldies collections); two Tamora Pierce books; one Faye Kellerman book. Thinking what to buy with the leftover stuff.
- Aunt in Calcutta: Money, with which I bought MLTR’s India Tour Edition CD that I’d been wanting for ages.
- Granny: Money (on it’s way! Yay!).
- Cousin (the one who works in CNN-IBN): Adidas sweater (that I LOVE!).
- Marie: Simlish e-card! (For those who don’t understand this, don’t try!).
- Niklas: e-Chocolate cake!
- Laura: Her exact words were, “I will give you my love as a present. That should be enough.”
- My publishers: NOTHING! Not even my book! 👿 *burn with rage*
Of course, this doesn’t include the calls and messages and mails—not to mention an entire Happy Birthday thread at Moiraine’s World!
It feels good to be thirty!