Please help: I need to come up with a good title for my book series, and for some reason I’m completely rubbish at titles.
For those of you who’ve forgotten — or don’t know — what the books are about, here’s a quick recap:
Now, I do have some options for a series title, which follow, but please feel free to suggest anything else.
- The Sands of Time Trilogy: My publisher really likes this, but I am not completely sure about it. The first thing it brings to mind is the Longfellow poem about leaving behind footprints on the sands of time.
- The Halvard Series: Too generic? What if I write more books with the same setting? Will it confuse readers?
- The Halvard Castle Trilogy.
- The Ai’diyar Prophecy: To-the-point, leaving the option to write more on the same characters later on with no chance of confusion. However, the word “prophecy” may be misleading in the context of the books…
- A Shadow in Eternity: This is what I unofficially call it; in my MS the second and third books are titled, A Shadow in Eternity II: The Key of Chaos and A Shadow in Eternity III: The Timeless Land.
- Anything else?
All comments and suggestions will be much appreciated.
11 Replies to “Help!”
I like one through six the most. *happily useless* 😀 Does it have to start with ‘the’? Maybe you could go like, “Sands of Time: A Shadow in Eternity.” It is bits snappier Niklas(Haha! I’m doing third person even though you remarks!) thinks.
I like the fifth one and the sixth, but I’m going with Niklas with the no “The”.
Actually no. 6 is my favourite too…
“Shadow in Eternity series” doesn’t quite work for me…
How about The Ai’diyar trilogy?
(and here comes my math question…*sigh*)
You should thank me for helping keep your brain in good working order in your old age.
You have been bad at updating your blog: I have been doing it more often than you, and that is not how it is suppose to be! 👿
Um, back on topic, numero six.
How about ‘The Shadow Trilogy’? 🙂
I Like the first and the sixth!
Shadow in eternity is what i automatically thought of considering that’s how you’ve been referring to it but i quite like the ‘sands of time trilogy’- i didn’t connect it to longfellow at all till you mentioned it.. but then you know how literary i have been lately! 😆
Thanks for the inputs, everyone.
I know I’m terribly late – have you decided already? In the off chance that you haven’t, here’s what I think – I, too, like five and six, but I’m leaning more towards the fifth – the prophecy does shape all three books, in a way, and I like the fact that it leaves things open for more.
So sorry for the late entry! 🙁
Well, I put down “A Shadow in Eternity” as my favourite, and also suggested “The Warriors of the Shadow”, “Shadow”, or, like the Turkish guys, “Maya”.
Haven’t heard from them about which one it will be.
Oh, the proofs are ready, and are due to arrive soon. 🙂