Yes, it’s time to bring out the cake (chocolate only, please) and blow out the candles. Maybe since I’m turning 1048 years old, it really shouldn’t matter any more, but until all my brain cells decay, I don’t think I’ll stop getting excited about my birthday. Which is mostly because I love presents.
The 37-year-old me had a pretty okay year. I managed 3 out of my 5 resolutions, that is:
- Write more: The first half of the year was dry writing-wise, but the last three months rocked, so I give myself half a point.
- Do more craft: Yes.
- Redesign Writeside.net: Nope.
- Return to full-time freelancing: Yes; getting laid off helped.
- Stay fit: Yes for the summer months when I was swimming; no for the rest of the year.
So what does the 38-year-old me want to do?
- Write more: Have at least one book done with in 2014. (Also, if I don’t finish Amazing Grace I think Marie might hunt me down and pull my nails out slowly.)
- Do more webby work: Finishing that web development course would be a start.
- Go back to swimming in the summer.
- Sell some crochet: Plans are afoot, so let’s see…
- Relearn to drive: Okay, this is embarrassing, but my licence is about to expire and I haven’t used it in, I think, 19.5 years
- Visit some place interesting: Self-explanatory.
- Get better at Urdu: Read more and work on vocabulary.
- Write more spec-fic.