The Vani Foundation will award four fellowships, each of Rs 20,000, to two writers and two illustrators of children’s books at Jumpstart 2014. The winners also get to attend a Jumpstart 2014 Masterclass.
Gulzar (poet, filmmaker and award-winning lyricist)
Paro Anand (children’s author)
Submissions are invited from writers in Hindi, English and other Indian languages. One of the two awards for writers will be allocated to a Hindi language writer.
- Please submit previously unpublished work.
- Please label your work under one of the following themes:
- Fantasy, ghost and monster stories
- Reality fiction
- Graphic novels and comic books (5–6 layouts)
- 4–8 years
- 9–12 years (tweens)
- 13–16 years (young adults)
- Please submit five previously published or unpublished illustrations.
- Please email your submissions to email@example.com
The deadline for submissions is 06:00 am, Monday, 18 August 2014.
About the Vani Foundation
Vani Prakashan, an eminent fifty-year-old publishing company, has established Vani Foundation to bridge the gap between Indian languages and International literature, to promote discursive discourse on socio-political subjects as well as foster translation, exchange, learning and assimilation of other cultures.
Vani Foundation has Sahitya Akademi, the Indian academy of letters, as its supporting partner and renowned poet, film maker and lyricist, Academy Award winner and Dada Saheb Phalke awardee Gulzar as its principal patron.
For any queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.