Well, here we are. That’s yet another trip around the sun ticked off. What’s a birthday without a silly tradition, right? So here’s mine — five things that I did today that I’ll possibly be doing for the rest of my year:
- Wrote a few pages of a new novel-to-be: Phew, I so really truly need to get back to writing.
- Gamed: Yess… picked up a mouse, and crept around and fired off a few rounds. Nothing very exciting. I went back to an old favourite, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and beat my head over how Kyle gets to have all the fun while secretly pleased that I get to play as Kyle! Also returned to Deus Ex: Invisible War to finally give it a good try.
- Retail therapy: But I was only spending the money I got as birthday present, and that too on nothing frivolous, so not sure if that counts. Anyhow, got myself a nice jacket.
- Ate out: The sibling and sibling-in-law treated me to dinner at fancy restaurant. Also present was almost-10-month-old nephew who did something I will not record here.
- Skipped yoga class: Sigh… some things don’t change. I seriously hope this doesn’t mean yet another unhealthy year sitting on my behind.
It was also the first time in my life that I had no cake. Not sure how I feel about that… Must rectify matters quickly.