It’s a funny thing, but a universal truth: doing nothing is incredibly tiring. It’s also very funny how one feels so completely unproductive without a deadline hanging over one’s jugular. Why is it that the ideas start to flow only at a time when things are insanely busy?
With no pressing work (as in work that pays bills), this would be the perfect time to:
- Finish up a proposal I’m writing to get someone interested in one of my projects.
- Really get going with Kinnel’s Prison.
- Finalize that long-overdue makeover of my websites.
- Do more book reviews. (Because one of the things I am doing is reading a lot.
- Update my blog more often!
On a more positive note, here is what I have been doing:
- Reading: Currently Fingersmith by Sarah Waters.
- Watching: Brothers and Sisters, Grey’s Anatomy and Remington Steele.
- Socializing: Oh yes, you read right! With an old school friend who’s in town, and with people at the gym.
- Training: For the Bangalore 10k in May, though may not be able to particpate as parents will be in town, and due to leave that day.
- Trying to keep the Devil’s Workshop at bay.
Now if only I could start writing! Thanks to Katie, though, I do have a writing assignment — with a penalty for not completing — so there’s motivation!